Take advantage of the many educational resources we have for you and your children. The Connecticut Science Center provides exhibits, movies and programs to enable hands-on exploration and experimentation for all ages. Our exhibits tie into the State of Connecticut Science Curriculum, and best of all, there’s no chance of blowing up the house.
For homeschool students and their families, we offer:
General Admission for homeschool families
- General Admission and Group admission are both available 10AM–5PM, Tuesday–Sunday
- Homeschool families pay $9 per person with proper homeschool identification.
General Admission for homeschool groups
- Homeschool groups are eligible for school pricing.
- Groups must contain at least 15 people and must make a reservation with the Reservations Center if arriving by bus, booking a Discovery Center Program or reserving a lunch space.
- Start the reservation process by filling out the Field Trip Reservation Request Worksheet.
- Daytime films are 40–45 minutes in length
- There is an additional cost of $5 per film per person
- Click here to learn more about films showing now.
Discovery Center Programs
- To learn about Discovery Center Programs, view them on the web or visit our Educator Guide 2014-2015. From the Discovery Center website, you can download copies of the Discovery Center Program Packages and see how they align to the Connecticut and Massachusetts Science Standards.
- The minimum class size for the Discovery Center Program is 10 students. Groups with fewer than 10 students will be charged for 10 students.
- There is an additional cost of $6 per person per program
- Programs are available Tuesday–Friday
- Lab times: 9:45AM, 11AM, 12:15PM, 1:30PM and 2:45PM
Become a Homeschool member
- Members receive FREE General Admission for one year
- Homeschoolers save 15% on all Membership levels.
- Take advantage of all of the benefits of a Connecticut Science Center Membership! Click here for details.