Connecticut Science Center Text to Win Promotion
Two winners will be announced and each winner will be awarded a prize of a One Year Membership for 4 people to the Connecticut Science Center (Approximate Retail Value: $165 per prize). Odds of Winning depend on the number of entries received.
Please see the official rules for details of eligibility.
Text Dino to 25827
or enter here for a chance to win.
Connecticut Science Center Text to Win - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States of America at the time of entry to participate in the Connecticut Science Center, Inc.’s (the “Sponsor”) Text to Win Promotion (the “Promotion”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, no trustee, director, officer, employee, contractor or other representative, and each of their children, parents, siblings, spouses, significant others or other individuals living in the same household, of the Sponsor is eligible to participate in the Promotion. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF A CONNECTICUT SCIENCE CENTER MEMBERSHIP OR ANY OTHER PURCHASE OR DONATION TO THE SPONSOR WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. THE PROMOTION IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. TO ENTER: Entries for the promotion may be submitted beginning on April 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM EST, and ending on July 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST (the "Promotion Period"). To participate in the Promotion, your entry must be received by 11:59 PM EST on July 16, 2012 and any entries received after such date and time will be void.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Promotion either by text-message or on-line, in each case, as described below:
a. Entry via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to 25827 with the keyword DINO in the body of the message. You must have a cellular phone capable of two-way text messaging and a wireless service plan in order to enter the Promotion using the text messaging method. You will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry in the Promotion. You must confirm entry in the Promotion in order to be eligible. Text message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of your cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
b. Enter On-Line: Log onto www.CTScienceCenter.org and follow the Promotion link(s) until reaching the entry page. Complete the entire entry form, including your name, age, valid email address, telephone or mobile phone number. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files and entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be rejected and void.
c. Restrictions: By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions or inability to transmit text messages or on-line submissions. Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. All entries not submitted in accordance with these Official Rules will be void.
d. Entry Limit: You may only submit one (1) entry for participation in the Promotion. The use of a particular method of entry will not increase your odds of winning. After your initial entry, each additional entry you submit for the Promotion will be void.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The first two entries selected by Sponsor will be declared winners and entitled to a prize, subject to Sponsor’s verification of compliance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor will select the two winners during an entrant-blind, random drawing taking place within 14 days of the end date of the Promotion Period. You do not need to be present at the drawing to win a prize. Winners will be notified by email, telephone or text message within 7 days of the drawing. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD. ALL DETERMINATIONS MADE BY THE SPONSOR ARE FINAL, BINDING AND NON-APPEALABLE IN ALL RESPECTS.
5. PRIZES: Two winning entries will be awarded a prize of a One Year Membership to the Connecticut Science Center for 4 people (Approximate Retail Value is $165 per prize). The prize winner must be one of the named adult members for the one year membership awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. Prize recipients are responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, if any, on prizes, and any expenses related to a prize recipient’s acceptance and use of the prize. If a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. The winning participants must claim his/her prize by 4:00 PM EST on December 30, 2012 at the Connecticut Science Center ticket counter (located at 250 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT 06103). Information on the operating hours of the ticket counter is available on-line on the Sponsor’s website, or by calling the Membership office at 860-520-2160. UNCLAIMED PRIZES WILL BE FORFEITED, AND NO ALTERNATE WINNER(S) WILL BE SELECTED.
6. PRIVACY: By participating in the Promotion, you consent to the transfer of personal information provided in your entry form for the purposes of the Sponsor’s administration of the Promotion and for the Sponsor’s use of your name, image, and likeness described in Paragraph 7 below. Subject to the foregoing, your privacy is important to the Sponsor, and, except as outlined in these Official Rules, your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party. If at any time you no longer wish to receive text messages from Sponsor, send a text message to 25827 with the keyword STOP to cancel. Text message and data rates may apply.
7. RIGHTS TO USE NAME, IMAGE AND LIKENESS: Except to the extent prohibited by law, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and its affiliates to use of his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, on-line, radio, or television, for any purpose, including but not limited to, advertising or promotional or other purposes, without notice, review, or approval or any additional compensation.
8. CONDITIONS ON RECEIPT OF PRIZES: In order to claim a prize, each winner will be required to provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number. Each winner will also be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a release of liability prior to receiving his/her prize.
9. GENERAL TERMS: By participating in this Promotion, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
a. The Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Promotion and the Sponsor’s decision on any such matter or dispute is final, binding and non-appealable in all respects.
b. Neither the Sponsor, nor its affiliates, or any of their respective trustees, directors, officers, employees or agents (collectively, “Releasees”) will be responsible or liable for: (i) any human, typographical, printing or other error relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials; (ii) late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, stolen, delayed, or untimely entries; (iii) any condition caused by events that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any defect in, failure or malfunction of any telephone line, computer line, network, wireless service network, scanner, or other computer equipment or mobile devices or software or any combination thereof; (v) any corrupted, delayed, garbled, lost or otherwise incomplete data transmissions of any kind; or (vi) any injury or damage to your computer or cellular phone relating to or resulting from entering the Promotion. In addition to the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that your internet and wireless service network consists of a series of networks that are subject to failure and errors in operation and transmission, and that the Releasees will not be responsible or liable for any error relating the operation of the Promotion caused by any interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links. Internet slow-downs or failures and any other cause or causes that cannot reasonably be foreseen or controlled by Sponsor.
c. THIS PROMOTION IS BEING PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS, AND THE SPONSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE PROMOTION.
d. You hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all injuries, liability, losses, and damages (collectively, “Losses”) of any kind resulting from your participation in the Promotion, including without limitation any Losses relating to any prize winner’s acceptance or use of his/her prize.
e. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond its reasonable control impairs the integrity, administration, security, proper play or feasibility of the Promotion (or portion thereof).
f. The Promotion is subject to all applicable local, state and federal laws. Connecticut law shall govern any dispute concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
g. Any dispute concerning the Promotion shall be brought individually, without resort to class action, in a federal or state court located Hartford County in the State of Connecticut. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such court(s) with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules, and that any damages awarded by such court shall be limited to actual “out-of-pocket” expenses (excluding attorneys’ fees) arising from your participation in the Promotion and shall not include consequential, incidental, indirect or punitive damages.
h. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any entrant, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry and text message entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the cellular phone from which the text message was submitted. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider or cellular phone number by the wireless network provider, or by the applicable organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning such email addresses and/or mobile telephone numbers.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For a list of prize winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after July 16, 2012, to: Winners List, Text to Win Promotion, Connecticut Science Center, 250 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT 06103.
11. SPONSOR INFORMATION: The Promotion is sponsored by Connecticut Science Center, Inc., located at 250 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT 06103. A copy of these Official Rules is available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to PROMOTION RULES, Text to Win, Connecticut Science Center, 250 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT 06103 or by visiting the Sponsor’s website.
APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION:
The Promotion is subject to all applicable local, state and federal laws. The foregoing notwithstanding, Connecticut law shall govern any dispute concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of this Official Rules and any conflict between Connecticut law and the law in any other jurisdiction shall be resolved in favor of Connecticut law.