September – April: Tuesday – Friday from 9am to 5pm.
May and June: Monday – Friday from 9am to 5pm.
July and August, or on a weekend: Click Here
General Admission: Explore the Exhibit Galleries
- Over 165 exhibits in 10 galleries! Visit our Exhibits page to learn more.
- We recommend allocating at least 2.5 to 3 hours in our exhibits.
- Need help structuring your visit?
- After booking your trip, schedule a complimentary visit for yourself and teacher chaperones attending your trip. Use this time to become acquainted with our facility and create structure for your visit. Please contact Reservations at least two days in advance of your potential complementary visit.
Making Curriculum Connections
Please review the Science Standard Matrices, available by grade level, on this page.
Discovery Center Programming
- Each of these programs model one 45 minute classroom period of an inquiry based series of lessons and use simple, inexpensive, and easy to obtain materials.
- Our new Discovery Space Lab program, Energy through Time and Space, takes you on a million-mile journey under our brand new dome! Investigate the invisible energy that holds the universe together and provides a sustainable climate for life on earth. Return to the beginning of our universe and travel a billion years into the future to discover how our sun and solar system will come to an end.
- This program runs for 60 minutes and is appropriate for grades 4–12.
- Available beginning at 8:15am.
- Each of these programs give students a 90 minute hands-on experience in an advanced science concept using more sophisticated equipment and techniques.
- NOTE: We can accommodate a maximum of 2 Enrichment Programs (25 persons each) per day.
- Choose from a 3D Film or an educational stage show
- General Admission is required with theater programming
- Lunch space is available on a first come, first served basis. Reservations are required.
- If your group does not have a lunch reservation, lunches can be eaten on the Riverfront Plaza, weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather, the Science Center does not have any other indoor lunch venues.
- Boxed lunches may be ordered from SUBWAY® at least 10 days before your visit date. To take advantage of this option, select the option for SUBWAY lunches during the booking process.