River of Life
It’s almost impossible to travel through New England without crossing the Connecticut River. Many of us do it twice a day without giving it a second thought—but we should. New England's largest river is vital to our history, our economy, our ecosystems and our future energy needs. Take an immersive and interactive exploration of its entire 400-mile trek—no wetsuit required!
- Test the flow of water in our Stream Table.
- View schools of colorful fish and learn about their abilities to adapt to environments.
- Take a virtual tour of the Connecticut River from its beginning to end.
- Meet crustaceous new friends in our Marine Touch Tank, and say hello to snakes, turtles, and more.
- Get up close and personal with forest creatures in the Critter Corner (under 7 only).
- Get a one-of-a-kind view of the Connecticut River from our Overlook Balcony.